Wesson Fruit Cake
From: I don’t know
o 1 cup Wesson oil
o 1 ˝ cups brown sugar
o 4 eggs
o 3 cups sifted flour
o 1 cup thinly sliced citron
o 1 ˝ cups whole candied cherries
o 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
o 1 cup chopped figs
o 1 cup seedless raisins
o 3 cups chopped nuts
o 1 teaspoon baking powder
o 2 teaspoons salt
o 2 teaspoons cinnamon
o 2 teaspoons allspice
o 1 teaspoon cloves
o 1 cup orange juice
1. Heat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Line two 9 x 5 x 3 inch pans with lightly greased brown paper.
3. Combine Wesson, sugar, eggs and beat for 2 minutes.
4. In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour with fruits and nuts.
5. Sift remaining flour with baking powder, salt and spices.
6. Stir into Wesson mixture alternatively with orange juice.
7. Pour batter over fruit mixture; blend well.
8. Turn into prepared pans.
9. Place a pan of water on lower oven rack.
10. Bake cakes 2 ˝ to 3 hours or until done.
11. Cool on wire racks, remove from pans, and peel off paper.
12. Wrap in cloth dampened in wine or brandy, then in foil.
13. Chill for easy slicing.
14. Before serving, glaze top and decorate.