Russian Cabbage Dish (Goulash)
From: Grandpa (Dad Smith), 1975
o 1 head cabbage
o Fresh Carrots (about 2 per person)
o Fresh Beets (about 2 per person)
o Fresh Potatoes (about 2 per person)
o 1 whole onion
o 1 can tomato soup (May use spaghetti sauce)
o 2 pounds ground beef
1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Shred cabbage and put in water with a dash of salt.
3. Cook about 3 minutes; drain, squeeze dry, cool slightly.
4. Dice potatoes, carrots, beets, and onion.
5. Fry until soft.
6. Mix all of the above ingredients together.
7. Add tomato soup and mix.
8. Fry ground beef, then add to cabbage mixture.
9. Bake in 350 degree oven 30 to 40 minutes.