From: Shelley Solomita Proulx, 1989
o 1 2/3 cup sifted flour
o ¼ teaspoon baking powder
o 1 teaspoon baking soda
o ½ teaspoon salt
o ½ teaspoon cinnamon
o ¼ teaspoon cloves
o ½ cup butter or margarine
o 1 ½ cups sugar
o 2 eggs
o 1 cup canned pumpkin
1. Sift and measure flour.
2. Place in small bowl along with all other dry ingredients.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
4. Add eggs to this mixture and beat well.
5. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture alternately with the pumpkin.
6. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
7. Pour batter into a well-greased small loaf pan.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick tip inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.