From: Grandma (Mom Smith), 1971
o 1 ½ to 2 pounds beef kidney
o 2 1-pound packages carrots (peeled and diced)
o 4 to 6 medium potatoes (peeled and cut)
o 1 medium onion
o Vegetable Oil
o 2 tablespoons flour
o ¼ cup water
o 2 tablespoons Gravy Master
o salt, pepper, paprika to taste
1. Boil kidneys approximately 10 minutes. Spill off water and rinse. Cool kidneys, then cut off grizel and cut kidneys in pieces.
2. Place in large saucepan with a little oil and onion.
3. Add carrots, potatoes, and cover with water.
4. Cook about 1 hour.
5. Then make flour and water paste, add gravy master and add paste to stew to thicken.
6. Add salt, pepper and seasonings to taste.
7. Cook about ½ hour more or until vegetables and meat are done.