German Potato Salad
From: Grandma (Mom Smith), 1975
o 3 cups potatoes (cooked, cooled, and cubed)
o ½ cup minced celery
o ½ cup minced onions
o 6 hard cooked eggs (chopped)
o 6 slices of bacon
o ¼ cup vinegar
1. Fry bacon until crisp, break with fork.
2. Add celery, onions, and eggs.
3. Add vinegar and taste it for strength (more can be added, If desired).
4. Pour above over potatoes in a shallow dish. Mix just lightly with fork, being careful not to break potatoes.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste.