Beef or Veal Stew
From: I don’t know, but I do know Mom made this
o 1 to 2 pounds stew beef or veal
o 1/3 cup flour
o ¼ teaspoon pepper
o ½ teaspoon salt
o 3 tablespoons fat
o ¼ cup diced onion
o 1 minced clove of garlic
o 2 to 3 cups hot water
o ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
o 4 large potatoes; pared and quartered
o 1 to 2 small onions
o 12 peeled/sliced carrots
1. Combine flour, pepper and salt in paper bag.
2. Add meat and shake to coat.
3. Melt fat in 6 to 8 quart pan.
4. Add meat and brown.
5. Add hot water, diced onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce; cover reduce heat to low and simmer 20 to 30 minutes.
6. Then add potatoes, onions and carrots and cook till done. Approximately 45 minutes to an hour.