Baked Stuffed Eggplant
[Mom Smith], 1970
2 medium size eggplants
1 pound hamburger (mixed like meatloaf)
2 quarts spaghetti sauce
1 cup grated cheese
breadcrumbs or flour
4 Tablespoons milk
- Peel eggplant, then slice into ˝ inch
- Dip slices in egg beaten with milk, then dip into flour or
- Fry slices slowly in a small amount of hot fat until browned on one
side and rather transparent looking.
- Turn and brown on other side.
- Cool slightly.
- Put hamburger in between 2 slices of eggplant, sandwich style and
put in casserole.
- Cover with spaghetti sauce and grated cheese.
- Cover casserole and bake at 350 degrees about 30 to 45 minutes.
Vegetable Dishes | Cookbook Main Page