From: Grandma, (Mom Smith), 1979
o 1 bag of apples (3 pounds)
o 1 tablespoon flour
o dash of salt
o ¾ cup sugar
o 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
o ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
o ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
o ¼ teaspoon lemon peel
1. Blend flour, salt, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and lemon peel in a small bowl.
2. Peel, core, and slice apples.
3. Place apples in pie plate lined with uncooked pie crust, dot with butter.
4. Spoon sugar mixture over apples.
5. Place top crust over apples, prick with fork all over and dot with milk.
6. Bake at 450 degrees, 15 minutes; then reduce to 325 degrees and bake 35 minutes more.